Santa Fe Canbys

Our adventures and life in Santa Fe!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Candy Land Queen

I was playing Candy Land today, I never thought I would start a sentence that way, and I realized that Eva is my child. We played the first game and she was terribly unlucky and drew the gingerbread man card very late and I went on to an easy victory. Next, her mother calls her for something and she disappears for about 15 minutes which I did not mind because I was watching TV anyway. She returns and is ready to play again. She states that she is the youngest and gets to go first. She draws gingerbread man and I draw a single red space, then she draws gumdrop and I get single purple (I am becoming suspicious). She draws ice cream and I get single orange. To make a long story short, well not really a long story, 3 cards later and she wins and my guy is still within spitting distance of the starting line. I did not know whether to explain that cheating is wrong or to commend her on stacking the deck properly. I instead chose to tell her that losing is not a bad thing and that it is about having fun when we play games. It does not matter who wins or loses. While on the inside I was impressed that a five year old could stack the deck properly. I don’t know where she gets her ultra-competitiveness. Does anyone else know??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See thats what happens she is way out there and I cann't give her a hug and you thought she wasn't paying attention when you did it to her before..don't she make you proud Ha Ha Take her to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard

1:10 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

Take her to play poker with you! I can't believe you've taught your daughter to stack the deck - even if it was subconsciously. HA!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home